Aspire to Lead. Inspire to Act.
The ACCT Civic Leadership Cohort is designed for diverse leaders of Chinese Canadian descent who are ready to serve in civic leadership roles. Unlike other leadership programs, this program is specifically designed for Chinese Canadians and our goal to build your leadership skills by providing you the knowledge and tools when seeking civic leadership roles, to mentor you all the way and to connect you with Chinese Canadian leaders.
Who should apply:
This program is an ideal fit for diverse leaders of Chinese Canadian descent in all sectors. We will select 35 participants for the program.
– Be between ages 25 and 70
– Have a minimum of 5 years professional and/or active volunteer experience
– Have taken at least one leadership program already
– Have a desire to make our community/Canada a better place
– Want to move into a civic leadership role in 2021 or in 1-2 years e.g. Agencies, Boards and Commissions, Committee Councils.
We recruit based on the following key attributes:
– Sense of purpose
– Desire to contribute to Canadian society
– Desire to be a team player
– Listening skills
– Drive and ambition
You’ll leave with valuable insights and resources to help dismantle the systemic barriers facing Chinese Canadians seeking civic leadership roles, and create your own leadership action plan.
Together, we’ll work to drastically increase the representation of Chinese Canadians in civic leadership roles, fostering greater democracy within our country.
How to apply:
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Civic Leadership Cohort
– Submit your current resume/CV
– Provide a statement of intent (250-500 words)